The School will be held at the Physics Department of "Sapienza" University of Rome. The building is located within the campus (Città Universitaria) of the university, which is close to the center of Rome and just 10/15 min. walk from the main railway station (Roma Termini), where also both metro lines (A & B) stop. The main entrance of the campus is at Piazzale Aldo Moro.
The lecture room of the School is Aula Conversi, on the second floor of Marconi bulding (n. 10 on the campus map below).
Another (small) room is booked all day long inside the INdAM headquarters, which are located within the Mathematics Department of "Sapienza" University of Rome (n. 17 on the campus map).
There are several ways to reach the school venue:
- Metro lines B & B1: stop Policlinico, 5 min. walk.
- Metro line A: stop Termini, 10/15 min. walk.
- Bus lines stopping along Viale dell'Università: 310, 649, 88.
- Bus lines stopping along Viale del Policlinico: 490, 491, 495, 61, 649, 140.
- Bus line stopping along Viale Ippocrate: 310.
- Bus lines stopping along Via Cesare de Lollis: 204, 492, 71, C2.
- Bus lines stopping along Piazzale del Verano: 163, 19, C3, 204, 2, 30, 443, 448, 492, 71, 88.
The area of the university campus can be reached from any direction by driving along Raccordo Anulare and taking the exit 14 - Autostrada Roma-L'Aquila, direction Roma Centro (no fee). Drive along the Autostrada until it ends, after a tunnel, into a traffic light on the left. Take for a few hundred meters the Tangenziale Est and turn right at the first exit. You will thus enter quartiere San Lorenzo, where you will find the univesity campus.
Rome can be reached from most international and national destinations. Most major airlines land in "Leonardo da Vinci" Airport in Fiumicino (FCO). Low-cost airlines often fly to Ciampino Airport (CIA).
From Fiumicino Airport to Rome and backwards:
- By train: direct train "Leonardo Express" to Roma Termini railway station (14 euro) or regional line FL1 to Roma Tiburtina railway station (8 euro).
- By taxi (40 euro, all inclusive).
- By Terravision shuttle bus to Via Marsala - Termini Station (8 euro).
- By taxi (30 euro, all inclusive).
Roma Termini or Roma Tiburtina railway stations are connected with most european stations. The train schedule and tickets is available on Trenitalia website.